Designation: Head of the Crowdsourcing Tools Development Group
Topic: Improving code analysis with automatic stub generation
Track: Developers’ Meet
Date: 8th October, 2021
Time: 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM
Projects that heavily rely on such Python features as metaclasses, decorators, or code-generation face a problem of poor support by static code analysis tools. This results in little to no suggestions in IDE or broken mypy tests.
- 1. Show several simple cases that highlight the problem,
- 2. Speak about why static code analysis fails,
- 3. Tell about stub files: what are they and how can they help,
- 4. Tell about how we solved static analysis issues with automatic stub generation,
- 5. We are planning to upload the automatic stub-generation tool as a separate open-source project.
Vladimir started as a developer at Yandex and worked with big data: improving ad matching quality and moderation. He now works at Toloka, developing open-source solutions for crowdsourcing, namely the Toloka-Kit and Crowd-Kit libraries. He is also engaged in education: on multiple occasions, Vladimir has given seminars, served as teaching assistant in an online Master’s program, and gave lectures on algorithms and data structures at the Higher School of Economics.