BANGALORE, October 21, 2014
Hurry up! First 1,000 Free Registrations are About to Get Over
The much-awaited convention on open source technology, Open Source India, fondly known as OSI Days, is back and registration for passes has begun. The 11th edition of Open Source India will be held at the NIMHANS Convention Center, Bengaluru from 7th to 8th November, 2014.
Taking the spirit of open source a notch higher this year, the event aims to bridge the gap between the industry and the community. Started as LinuxAsia in 2004, OSI has been at the helm of bringing together the open source industry and the community in the last 10 years. The 11th edition of OSI Days this year aims to take this event a notch higher by focusing on the Open Source ecosystem in Asia and more specifically in India.
OSI 2014 will have events like app development track (both mobile and web), cloud and IT infrastructure track, and kernel and database tracks and a lot more with multiple sessions and workshops, so that there is something for everyone in the community and the industry to take away from this event.
Rahul Chopra, Editor, Open Source For You, shared his views about the event, saying, “This year’s show tries to address a very important aspect that is bridging the gap between the industry and the community. It is of extreme importance particularly in the present scenario when there is openness and acceptance for open source technology from all quarters.”
Highlights of the Show
Few of the key highlights of Open Source India 2014 include:
– Over 40-plus speakers from industry and community will address the audience over a period of two days, covering latest technologies and trends.
– Wipro Technologies has tied up with Open Source India 2014 for recruiting applicants for diverse profiles. Those wanting to participate in the same, can register here: http://osidays.com/osidays/osi_registration/osidays_register.php
– HP is conducting a developers’ challenge at the event for all the attendees.
– Willing to know how Microsoft is associated with open source? Well, be at Open Source India 2014! Microsoft is arranging a special hands-on demo to showcase how its products and technologies inter-operate with the open source world.
– Hands-on workshops on hot topics including MySQL Performance Tuning, Drupal In A Day, HP Helion OpenStack Technical Overview, Programming OpenStack – An Application Development Tutorial Using the HP Helion Development Platform and BigData (what, why, how).
About Open Source India
Open Source India (formerly LinuxAsia) started in 2003, with the mission to accelerate open source adoption in Asia, and that has remained its mission even today. A key attribute of Open Source India is that it tries to bridge the gap between the community and the industry. OSI Days is organised by EFY Group – publishers of Open Source For You magazine. For more information visit http://www.osidays.com.
About the EFY Group
Over the last four decades, the EFY Group has become synonymous with information on cutting-edge technology. Starting with its flagship publication, Electronics For You, which is South Asia’s most popular electronics magazine, the group now offers a bouquet of specialised publications like Open Source For You, Electronics Bazaar, and Facts For You, as well as web portals such as electronicsforu.com, efytimes.com, opensourceforu.com, electronicsb2b.com and eleb2b.com.
The group also publishes directories and books, and organises several leading technology events like Open Source India and the EFY Expo. The EFY Group has offices in New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata and Mumbai, besides representatives in Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Pune. It also has distributors in the South East Asian countries. For more information, visit http://www.efy.in.